Impress your loved one with this easy-to-follow and delicious Marry Me Chicken recipe! Enjoy the flavors of this classic dish and shared memories in no time.
Why is it Called Marry Me Chicken?
Marry me chicken gets it name from how delicous it is and how the ingredients “marry one another” and taste so much better together! One bite, and you’ll be coming back for more. This tender chicken is nestled in a creamy flavor-packed sauce full of cream, parmesan cheese, herbs! The star of the show is the amazing sun-dried tomatoes. I love to serve this dish with pasta to help soak up the creamy sauce. Just wait until it touches your lips…you really will want to marry it!
The best part about this recipe is that it comes together quickly and you only have to use one skillet! Easy one skillet meals really help me on those busy weeknights taking the kids to all of their activities. This marry me chicken is the best of the best because it’s not only easy and delicious but the cleanup is a breeze! Serve this will some rolls and a salad and it will become a family favorite around your house for sure!
Gather the ingredients.
The required ingredients for Marry Me Chicken include boneless and skinless chicken breast, rosemary, capers, tomatoes, garlic cloves, dry white wine, and olive oil. Gather the ingredients before beginning preparation so that you have everything at hand when you need it. Also, preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C) for optimal cooking.
Prep the chicken.
Slice the chicken breast into 2-inch cubes, then sprinkle salt and pepper over them. Heat a large, heavy skillet over medium heat and add 2 tablespoons of olive oil before adding the chicken pieces. Cook the chicken for around six minutes until golden brown on both sides before removing it from the pan. Place the cooked chicken in an oven safe baking dish so that all of the pieces fit snugly inside.
Cook the vegetables.
Add another tablespoon of olive oil to the skillet before adding around 2 cups of vegetables, such as bell peppers, mushrooms, carrots or onions. Sauté for 5-6 minutes until lightly browned and the vegetables are tender. Place these cooked vegetables in the same baking dish as the chicken. Drizzle 3 tablespoons of Italian salad dressing over the top of the chicken and vegetables before popping it in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes.
Note: Some mentioned vegetables are not mentioned in below mentioned list, you can add them as per your need.
Combine the ingredients for a marinade.
To get the full flavor of this Marry Me Chicken dish, you should start by combining some key ingredients for a delicious marinade. Combine 1/4 cup olive oil with garlic, dijon mustard, balsamic vinegar, honey, thyme and paprika in a medium-sized bowl. Mix the ingredients well until they are fully combined and set aside.
Marinate and bake the chicken.
Once you have your marinade created, pour it over four boneless, skinless chicken breasts and let the chicken soak in the flavors for at least one hour. Heat your oven to 375°F and place the chicken on a greased baking sheet or pan. Bake the chicken for 30 to 35 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F. Serve with rice or potatoes and extra sauce from the marinade.
Short steps for Marry Me Chicken Recipe
I love this dish because it all comes together in one skillet making it easy for serving and for clean up! Using the same skillet to brown the chicken and make the sauce just makes my life so much easier!
- Prepare the Chicken: Slice the chicken breasts thinner to help them cook evenly. You can even pound the chicken thinner using a mallet if needed.
- Season: Chicken on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Cook the chicken: In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Add the chicken and then cook it for 5 minutes on both sides. Cook it until it’s browned on the outside and mostly cooked through. It will continue to fully cook later.
- Transfer: Place the cooked chicken to a plate, and set aside while you make the sauce.
- Make the Roux: Return to the same skillet, and add the butter. Add the garlic and sauté it for 30 seconds until it’s fragrant. Then, add in the flour and stir to make a paste.
- Whisk: Use a whisk to stir in the chicken broth, heavy cream, and grated parmesan cheese.
- Stir: Add the drained sun-dried tomatoes and Italian seasoning and stir in to combine. Season with more salt and pepper if needed.
- Simmer: On low heat, simmer the sauce for a few minutes for it to thicken.
- Add the Chicken: Return the chicken back to skillet and then layer on top of the sauce.
- Heat: Turn the heat to medium low, and continue to simmer for an additional 10 minutes.
- Garnish: Add chiffoned or chopped fresh basil leaves for added flavor and beautiful presentation of this marry me chicken
Marry Me Chicken
- 1 pounds Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1/2 tbsp Salt
- 1/4 tbps Pepper
- 1 tbps Olive Oil
- 3 tbps Butter
- 2 tbps Garlic
- 3 tbps Flour
- 1 cup Chicken Broth
- 3/4 cup Heavy Cream
- 1/2 cup Parmesan
- 1/2 cup Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- 1 tbps Italian Seasoning
- Fresh Basil
- Slice the chicken breasts thinner to help them cook evenly. You can even pound the chicken thinner using a mallet if needed.
- Season the chicken on both sides with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 5 minutes on both sides until the chicken is mostly cooked through. It will continue to fully cook later.
- Transfer the cooked chicken to a plate, and set it aside while you make the sauce.
- Return to the same skillet, and add the butter. Once it is melted, sauté the garlic for 30 seconds until it's fragrant. Add in the flour and stir to make a paste.
- Whisk in the chicken broth, heavy cream, and parmesan cheese.
- Stir in the drained sun-dried tomatoes and Italian Seasoning. Season with more salt and pepper if needed.
- Simmer the sauce for a few minutes for it to thicken.
- Return the chicken back to skillet and layer on top of the sauce.
- Turn the heat to medium low, and continue to simmer for an additional 10 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped fresh basil leaves and serve warm over pasta or rice.