Roasted Asparagus and Mushroom Carbonara: Carbonara gets a makeover for spring and we’re totally down with it.
Roasted Asparagus and Mushroom Carbonara
Roasted asparagus and mushrooms in a creamy and cheesy egg sauce with plenty of fresh cracked black pepper.
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed and cut into bite sized pieces
- 8 ounces mushrooms, quartered
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 ounces fettuccine (or pasta of choice) (gluten free for gluten free)
- 4 ounces bacon cut into 1 inch pieces or 4 ounces pancetta, diced
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) parmigiano reggiano (parmesan), grated
- plenty of fresh cracked black pepper
- salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped