Buttermilk Blueberry Breakfast Cake. Freshen up your morning with fruit pie. This time it will be made with adding blueberry. It’s useful for health. Cake will be tender and juicy. It’s kind of finger-licking dessert
Buttermilk Blueberry Breakfast Cake
Easy and Quick Recipes: Buttermilk-Blueberry Breakfast Cake I used oil in plAce of butter, wheat flour (1 1/4 wheat+1/4 c oat bran, 1/2 white), & reduced the sugar to 3/4 c +1T on top. I also used rice milk b/c that’s what I had.
- ½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 tsp. lemon zest or more — zest from 1 large lemon
- ⅞ cup* + 1 tablespoon sugar for sprinkling
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 cups flour (set aside ¼ cup of this to toss with the blueberries)
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- ½ cup buttermilk**
* ⅞ cup = ¾ cup + 2 tablespoons
** To make homemade buttermilk, place 1 tablespoon of vinegar or lemon juice in a liquid measuring cup. Fill cup with milk until it reaches the 1-cup line. Let stand for five minutes. Use only ½ cup of the prepared mixture for the recipe.